POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something! : Re: Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something!
From: Cyrano
Date: 3 Feb 2005 09:35:01
Message: <web.420235a9bff107fe40e76e340@news.povray.org>
Thank you for the suggestions regarding the Thai statue.

I did try a few of the textures from stones.inc including T_Stone12 (I like
that texture and probably use it more often than I should.) The grain in
those textures seemed to hide the details of the statue somehow.

Attached is an example of what one of my attempts at a granite texture did
to the details. Yikes!

I'm starting to wonder if the statue should have a soft stone texture with a
relatively small range of color... Are any such textures predefined?

Thanks again!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'statuette_granite.jpg' (49 KB)

Preview of image 'statuette_granite.jpg'
statuette_granite.jpg